In India, parent’s have a key role in educating their children about our environment and how to preserve them. All over the world, Environment day is celebrated on June 5th every year. During this occasion, the schools are creating awareness by conducting many activities like Planting trees, Fancy dress competition, conducting human chain etc. In this article, we are going to discuss on ideas for dressing up our kids for the Fancy dress competition.
In this competition, we have to keep in mind the following points, which will help us gain some overview on how to dress our kids.
- How to save Earth from pollution?
- How to conserve Natural resources?
- How to reduce unhealthy items from polluting our Nature?
The topics for the Environment day fancy dress competition can be from the topics from below:
- Re-cycling our resources
- Save Trees
- Save Wildlife
- Conserve Water
- Pollution Free Earth
Here are few ideas for dressing up your kids and creating awareness about our environment.
1. Re-cycling Our resources
- Dressing up as Earth: In order to save our Earth, we should try to follow the 3 R’s in our life. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. We should also teach our children to follow the 3 R’s in each and every situation possible like Recycling the water, recycling plastic materials, etc. So for this competition, we can dress up our kids as Earth and make them narrate about the use of 3 R’s and how to reuse all the resources that Earth has provided us.
- Dressing up our kids with reusable items: We can also dress up our kids with reusable materials like plastic covers, paper cups, film roles etc. This creates an awareness among other children on how to reuse these items, since decomposing of these items are impossible.
2. Save Trees
- Dressing up as Trees: When we are planning to dress up our kids as trees, it is considered to be an easy task. Since this is an easy task for most of the parents, we have to be more innovative while dressing up our kids. We can dress them up as tree with Trunk and leaves, including this we can also include bird’s nest in this attire, so that it looks like a home for wildlife creatures. In addition to this, our kids can also talk about the following key points:
- They can talk about the uses of trees like providing shelter to birds, producing oxygen
- How they are being cut down and reducing the circumference of the forest area?
- How pollution is increasing, due to industrialisation for which trees are being cut down?
- How to increase the tree count and reduce deforestation?
- Why trees should be saved and planted in more areas?
We have just given an overview on how trees can describe themselves as life savers and how they should be saved from destruction, in order to create a better world.
3. Save Wildlife
Dressing up as Tiger: Tiger is our National Animal and since they are depleting in their population, dressing up our kids as Tiger is an essential task. This can create awareness about the minimising tiger population. There are many reasons for the reducing wildlife population like Deforestation, Illegal hunting of wildlife for their skin, nails, teeth etc. Such illegal activities should be brought to an end immediately and for this we have to create an awareness in our kids.
Dressing up as Elephant or Rhinoceros or deer: Both of these animal are coming under the category of Wildlife creatures that needs to be saved immediately. Similar to that of a tiger, people are hunting them down illegally for many reasons.
Dressing up as Peacock: Being our national bird, this bird is also coming close to depletion. Many illegal hunters are hunting them down for their beautiful feathers. Purchasing these feathers from markets seems like a legal and a fun task to do for kids now a days. However, awareness about this should be created in our children and we have to stop these traders from getting profit from our wildlife. So we can dress up our kids as peacock and make them talk about how they are being exploited.
4. Conserve Water
Dressing up as Water Droplet: The kids can be dressed up as water droplets and they can mention the ways to save and conserve water. Some methods to save water are Rain water harvesting, recycling used water to water our plants etc.
In many ways water in river and seas are getting polluted in our country, making it difficult for usage. Booming of industrialization has it side effects such as pollution of water and atmosphere. This can never be stopped, however we can find alternate ways to recycle and reuse the waste created from industries. Our kids can narrate key points on the ways to recycle and reuse water.
In this article, we have given the readers an overview on how to dress up their kids for the Environment day function. However, there are also tons of ways a parent can dress up their kids and create awareness among other children, in saving our mother nature. Since kids have a vital role in bringing a change and creating a better world they should understand the issues we are facing at present. In addition to this, reducing electronic, plastic waste etc can be added, as well.